Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Business – Pest Control Services Limited (trading as “Response Pest Control”)
Pest Control Services Limited (“Response Pest Control”) has created these terms and conditions of business to protect both parties. These terms reflect Response Pest Control’s commitment to quality, a high standard of workmanship, value for money and best industry practices.
THE OBJECT OF RESPONSE PEST CONTROL’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS ARE:
- To ensure the pest control and management work are carried out in accordance with the latest and best industry codes of practice, conforming to all regulations, and statutory requirements.
- To provide clients with a prompt and courteous service and delivery.
- To deal with any complaints swiftly and ensure that these are resolved satisfactorily.
- To promote a professional and responsible image of our company, and our industry, portraying the pest control industry in the best possible light at all times.
- To respond to all calls on the same day, to attend appointments on time, or to call the client in event that we should shall be delayed.
CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The Client
The Client means the customer as specified at the top of the Service Agreement.
The Client will make payments to Response Pest Control as agreed in the quotation or service contract. Payment must be made either at the time of the treatment (for one off treatments), or within 30 days of invoice date for all contract or account customers. Payment may be made by cheque, cash, BACS, credit or debit card.
- Response Pest Control – The Pest Control Service
- a) The pest control service will be carried out in accordance with the criteria of the Australian Pest Control Association, either as a one off treatment or at regular intervals as specified in the service contract. Our pest control specialists will use and apply pesticides and monitoring devices, as they deem appropriate on each visit. Any infestation covered by the agreement and discovered during a visit will be treated immediately.
- b) The pest control specialist will report to the site’s named contact on each visit and will leave a written report on the findings, treatments and recommendations made during the inspection.
- c) Additional visits/treatments to control the pests specified on the service agreement will be carried out free of charge. Other treatments will be discussed and priced before the treatment takes place and only with the consent of the client or his agent.
- The Client’s Obligations
- a) To minimise pest incidence by carrying out in reasonable time those recommendations made by the pest control specialist as agreed.
- b) To provide access for Response Pest Control’s pest control specialists and/or duly appointed agents to carry out its services at any reasonable time or as specified in our agreement.
- c) To make payment of all invoices within 30 days of the invoice date for account clients; or at the time of the treatment for one off treatments.
- 5.1 The price for services and/or products is specified in the Service Contract and is or not exclusive of tax.
5.2 The price for visits/treatment required to complete the work is as specified in the Service Contract.
5.3 The client will pay interest on all late payments at the rate of 10% per annum from the date of the invoice if not paid in accordance with paragraph 2 above.
5.4 Response Pest Control is entitled to recover all reasonable expenses incurred in obtaining payment from the client without any payment due to Response Pest Control is late.
5.5 The client is not entitled to withhold any monies due to Response Pest Control.
5.6 Response Pest Control is entitled to vary the price if appropriate to take into account:
- Any additional services/treatments/visits requested by the client which were not included in the original service contract.
- Any increase in the cost of treatments.
5.7 Any additional work required to complete the services which were not anticipated at the time of the service contract and any variation must be intimated to the client in writing by Response Pest Control.
Response Pest Control and its pest control specialists do not accept any liability for loss, damage or injury to any domestic animals, livestock, birds, goods or equipment unless the loss, damage or injury was occasioned by negligence of them or their pest control specialists. Notice of any such loss, damage or injury must be notified in writing to Response Pest Control’s offices within 5 (five) days of occurrence.
This contract may be terminated by Response Pest Control forthwith if the Client is in breach of any of his/her obligations under this contract or if a Company going into liquidation, receivership or administration or if the Client shall commit an act of Bankruptcy or have any Receiving Order made against him/her or shall make any arrangement with his/her creditors or any Assignment for the benefit of such creditors or if distress or execution shall be levied or threatened upon any of The Client’s property or any judgment against The Client shall remain unsatisfied for more than 14 (fourteen) days. The Client may only assign the burden of this contract with the prior written consent of Response Pest Control.
The service contract, where applicable, is binding for the agreed term of the contract. The contract shall continue unless terminated at the end of the term and may only be cancelled on one month’s written notice. If the Client decides to terminate the contract before the agreed end date, the Client shall be liable for the remaining term outstanding, payable within 7 (seven) days of termination.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the Australian Commonwealth